Appreciate Every Moment







Click here to purchase prints in this post.

Some wonder why would I go out for a walk at 7:30a on a Saturday morning when the air temperature is 32 degrees?  The one day a week I could possibly sleep in?

I was given another chance to see a sunrise and I hope I am able to see the end of the day's sunset.  There are many individuals who will no longer see what I see.  My father is one of those individuals (may God rest his soul).

My mother's eye-sight is failing (in her prime, she was an amazing seamstress) and her hearing nearly gone.  She gives me the reason to be thankful that I am able to still see and hear at 100%.

It is also my quiet time to re-charge and to watch Nature's innocence and to appreciate what I have around me.  :D  It's just 45 minutes out of my 24-hour day.

This is my one morning a week that I stop the "To Do" lists, I stop my cleaning, I stop my laundry and I stop rushing through the morning.

I'm sure friends and neighbors pass by this view every day on their way to work or running errands.

Enjoy what I see.  :D


I had a friend say that he doesn't have my lakeview.  Well, what about the tree at the corner?  A tree is just as beautiful.  I never thought my lakeview was beautiful until I had a camera in my hand.  Before my newly found hobby, I thought my lakeview was just a bunch of trees in water.

I never thought a dragonfly sitting on our patio table or an ant on a dandelion was ever interesting.  A dandelion....that yellow, annoying weed that used to make me cringe every spring...

Now I look forward to every day wondering what other interesting subject I can find.  :D


Now I look forward to every winter (amazing I can say this when I'm originally from Hawaii) when I can challenge myself to find the perfect snowflake.

Or the perfect photo in sub-zero, snowy weather....

2 Responses so far.

  1. Laura says:

    Your photos are absolutely amazing and I really do think that you should sell them! I know that I would buy them!!! They are truly amazing!!! Your words here also touched me. Made me think of my Grandpa Jonasen (my namesake) who had macular degeneration the last decade or so of his life. I can't imagine losing my sight- but he was a musician so I know that having his hearing in-tact was his soul... Anyway- thank you for sharing your amazing gift with the world!
    :-)

  2. gma mohr says:

    If there is such a thing as a "perfect" snowflake, my money is on you to find it!

Leave a Reply