Appreciate Every Moment






I was raised on the concept of "...above all else, family first".  Husband, children, home, then if there's possibly any time or energy left, myself.  But Life sends a few occasions that grant me a short reprieve.

"Happy Birthday.  Think of something you would never get for yourself and let me know.  I want you to have what you really want, not something I would get and then you're okay with it."

I had to think about this...and think and think and think...

My cellphone rang and as I reached into my purse, the proverbial "...light bulb..." glowed a thousand watts over my head.  The Coach Store!  Since my husband knows how very particular I am, we both decided that it would be best if I went and got what I wanted.  Well, actually I decided it would be best if I did the shopping.  I love my husband!  :D

I've had my black, leather Willis bag for almost two decades (pre-children) and it has been lovingly used nearly every day and is still my favorite purse.  But, for me, to have a chance to walk out of a "high-end" store (with purchase in hand) is like winning the lottery :D.

Past experiences left me feeling as if I do not belong and should not shop in "high end" stores.  It's an awful feeling.  :(  I was a bit apprehensive as I left to go shopping.  But I was determined to have fun!

I am absolutely grateful to the staff at The Coach store.  They patiently waited as I opened nearly all displayed merchandise and they answered all of my questions.  I had a wonderful time and when I walked out of the store with my purchase, I felt like a million dollars!

This is what I would never get for myself.


I've also learned to enjoy the little things in life.  Enjoying every moment in opening a package is one of those "little things".  :D

Oh and as a little FYI, this also doubles as my camera bag.  ;D

One Response so far.

  1. Laura says:

    PERFECT!!! I love it!!! And Paul just went up huge notches in my book! (He was cool before of course... since he likes my tambourine! ;-)) but WOW!!! We need to hang out more (and he needs to hang out with Jeff more! tee hee hee!
    And now I think you need to take pictures for advertisements... those are amazing. I am like you... Julia Roberts in pretty woman... I just don't feel like I belong, but you my friend ARE AND LOOK like a million bucks! Happy B-day again!!!

Leave a Reply