Posted by Nan Nehls Photography in
on
-
"...the best-laid plans of mice and men often goes awry..." - Robert Burns
The first five days went better than I expected. We had a lot of fun and went to so many different places.
Then day six arrived and my schedule was wrecked. The plan was to go to the Pearl Harbor Memorial and, if there was time, to go to my Alma Mater: The University of Hawaii at Manoa.
At 2:30a (HST), my head roared with one of the worst migraines I could possibly get AND it didn't help that I decided NOT to bring my prescription meds. I relied on the over-the-counter pills and it was not working as fast as I wanted.
At 8:00a (HST), it wasn't getting any better. All I saw was the ceiling in my niece's bedroom.
By 11:00a, I knew my plans were history. Our flight to the Big Island was scheduled for 4:30p and the packing needed to be done.
At 12:00p, I felt a little more human and started the packing process. After returning our rental car, we arrived at the Honolulu Inter-Island Check-in area at about 2:30p. Then it was time to board the plane and hope my head cooperates on take-off and landing.
Thankfully, it was not a painful flight.
These photos were all I managed to get:

Waiting to board the aircraft

Waiting for the aircraft to leave the gate

Archive
-
▼
2012
(133)
-
▼
Aug 2012
(12)
- Hawaii 2012: Day Six - "...the best laid plans..."
- Hawaii 2012: Day Five - Southeastern Coast of O'a...
- Hawaii 2012: Day Four - Mokuleia Beach Park
- Hawaii 2012: Day Three - Diamond Head Trail, Ala ...
- Hawaii 2012: Day Two - Yokohama Bay, Kaneana Cave...
- Hawaii 2012: Day One - Sunset at Ko'olina
- Sunday, 6:40a
- A Kitchen Renovation
- Holly and John
- SUNFLOWERS!
- D700 + 70-300mm = FUN
- It Was a Hot Summer Night.....
-
▼
Aug 2012
(12)
Powered by Blogger.
