The quiet, unguarded moments are what makes a wedding extra special. This wedding was very special to me in so many ways.
One: my nephew married the love of his life. I absolutely love and adore the two of them.
Two: family and dear friends were in attendance. All of my family and most of my friends are still in my home state of Hawaii. So, my husband's family and the friends I have made here mean a lot to me.
Three: this was my first unofficial wedding session. A hired photographer was already in place and I was the relative with an insane photo obsession. I was given the "green light" to take whatever photos I wanted. Of course, my absolute consideration was given to the hired photographer. So, I stayed out of the way and took full advantage of my 55-200mm zoom lens. I sprinkled in a few photos with my 60mm macro and the 85mm 1.4 that I rented for the occasion. At first, I planned on renting a 70-200mm lens, but then I thought that it would have been absolutely ridiculous (well, that's my opinion).
Four: my cousin Pinky (www.pinkyphotography.com) was a wealth of information and I couldn't have done it without her vast knowledge of photography. It's amazing how e-mails and texting can close a 5,000 mile, three time zone distance. :D
After dinner was served and eaten, toasts and speeches were given and the dancing were all done, the night came to an end and my faithful camera logged over 1,000 photos. By the time I was done editing, the amount dwindled down to under 300 (yes, I am that particular). It's better to have too much than too little.
Please enjoy what I saw.




If I had to pick my one favorite photo, this is it:

Archive
-
▼
2011
(164)
-
▼
Aug 2011
(24)
- Pretty in Pink or is it Purple?
- A Storm is Brewing....
- The Groove Council
- Gotcha!
- Saturday, 8:00a
- Stop and Enjoy the View...
- "Time Stand Still" - Happy Birthday!!
- 1969 Ford Mustang
- Raindrop...
- Soaring...
- Happy Birthday!
- Hello Butterfly...
- How Do I Know?
- Where Did the Time Go?
- Saturday, 7:00a
- Hello Mr. Dragonfly....
- My One-In-A-Million Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Well that wasn't planned....
- "Living in the D"
- A Sunday Afternoon Walk....
- A Glimpse of My Childhood Playground (2005)...
- When Sugar Was King in Hawai'i.....
- A Special Day, A Precious Memory...
- Sherrilyn Kenyon....
-
▼
Aug 2011
(24)
Powered by Blogger.






Love it and I am so jealous!!! Maybe Jeff and I need to renew our vows and hire you! I think that those pictures are AMAZING!!!
Thanks Laura :D