One last day at home and the children wanted to spend the time at Laupahoehoe Point. But rough waters stopped that fun. It was too dangerous and too windy. So, it was off to Hapuna Beach for a few more hours of fun in the sun.

Keawe Tree - Whenever I see these trees, I cringe. They have nasty thorns and I've had many of those thorns greet my feet with a painful hello. So, I warned my husband and our children to keep watch of these nasty thorns on the sand.

One last swim and it was time to leave, pack and board our flight.

After many hugs and kisses for my Mom, we wanted one more stop at Laupahoehoe Point before we left for the airport. I told my daughter that this piece of rock we are sitting on is my favorite spot in the world. She's video-taping the view as my husband snapped this shot.

One final and spectacular treat, we were upgraded to First Class on one of our flights. It was the best way to end our 20th Wedding Anniversary trip. I kept doubting our luck and my husband said to enjoy the flight.


After a long and exhausting flight, we are nearing our final destination - Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

A few final notes. Whenever we plan to be in large crowds, we have our son use a yellow shirt. It was mandatory for our daughter to wear yellow when she was younger. If you look around in a crowded area, you will always be greeted with blues, grays and browns. A yellow shirt always stands out and we can easily locate our son should he wonder off. Thank you to my older sister for giving me that piece of advice when our daughter was little.
Last note - during our stay at my Mom's home, a dear family friend (who has known me since the day I was born) spoiled us (well me, yay me) with my favorite foods. Over ten different types of food graced my Mom's dining room table AND she baked my daughter's birthday cake. I think I gained at least 10 lbs. in 4 days. There was so much food! Most of them were acquired tastes which my children stayed away from. Oh well, more for me :D. I ended up bringing most of the leftovers back to Michigan so I could enjoy them for just a few more days.
Archive
-
▼
2012
(133)
-
▼
Sep 2012
(13)
- Jeff and Laura
- Katelyn
- The Detroit Zoo
- Patience....
- Sunday, 7:00a
- Smith Family
- Hawaii 2012: My Mom's Gardens
- Hawaii 2012: "It's a Wrap!" and It's Back to Real...
- Hawaii 2012: Day Ten - Hapuna Beach and Laupahoeh...
- Hawaii 2012: Day Nine - Big Island Candies, Akaka...
- Hawaii 2012: Day Eight - Sunrise at Laupahoehoe P...
- Hawaii 2012: Day Seven - Laupahoehoe Point
- Hawaii 2012: Day Seven - Hawai'i Volcanoes Nation...
-
▼
Sep 2012
(13)
Powered by Blogger.
