"...practice, practice and then more practice..."
Fireworks are always challenging and this year's 4th of July celebration was no exception.
Sitting at the end of the boat dock was the best vantage point. While that doesn't seem so unusual, what made it more challenging were the guests walking back and forth which caused the dock to shake. With my camera shutter speed set at 1/40, I had to focus all my concentration on limiting the amount of vibrations my camera would capture. A tripod would have picked up every movement on the dock so I held my camera and hoped for the best.
The massive swarm of mosquitoes added to the difficulty of working at a low shutter speed. Did I mention I'm highly allergic to mosquitoes? I came away with massive bruises from those little suckers. Bathing in mosquito repellents didn't help....
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the Drapal and Doran family for inviting us to their annual 4th of July extravaganza! :D














