As we rush from here to there, there to here, we miss what is around us. I'm always thinking that there will be another day, but for now things need to get done before I can enjoy myself.
On my way to another soccer game, I drove past the state recreation park sign "Maybury State Park" and headed to the ITC Community Sports Park to complete my photo shoot from yesterday. My plan was to get to the sports park an hour and a half early so I could walk around and take in a few nature photos before the soccer game started.
I sat in my truck looking around the 73 acre "flatlands" of endless soccer/baseball fields and I was disappointed. Hundreds of parents escorted their children on and off the field and I wondered if they were rushing to another place or another appointment or another item on their "To Do" list or are they going to enjoy the rest of the day.
I had an hour to fill my time before the girls arrived for warm-ups. What to do? I put my truck in reverse and my final destination was Maybury State Park. It's not often that God grants us a beautiful sun-smiling Fall day and I was determined to enjoy the last hours of my weekend.
I walked a few trails and just took in the beauty of the trees and the light filtering through the changing color of the leaves. But it was the beauty of the sun that captured my attention.
My father always told me, "...things happen for a reason..." I am so glad I took this brief detour that was not on my "To Do" list.
Enjoy the pictures!





Archive
-
▼
2011
(164)
-
▼
Oct 2011
(20)
- Sunday, 8:15a
- Rite of Confirmation
- Saturday, 8:05a
- Blue Dragons - Game 8, Final Game of the Season
- St. Matthew's - Fall Celebration
- Blue Dragons - Game 7
- Saturday, 8:00a
- Girls Night Out...
- Sunday, 7:15p
- It's a Bright and Sunny Day....
- Saturday, 7:30a
- Blue Dragons Game Five
- A Time to Be Selfish....
- Another Sunset...
- Change is Good....
- Okay Ladies, Game On....
- Soaring...
- Spontenaeity...
- The Beauty of the Fall Season...
- Blue Dragons - Game Four
-
▼
Oct 2011
(20)

Your pictures are wonderful!
Ronda
You bring the simplest things into perspective. I think we all take these everyday things for granted. I look forward to seeing your posts and taking a minute to appreciate the beauty around us through your eyes. Thanks Nan!
Awwww, thank you gma mohr :D. Yes, I tend to rush through my days and wonder how the years went by so fast!
Photography has helped me to stop and take a moment to breathe.
I'm glad you like the pictures. :D
Thank you, Ronda :D